Licenses and Permits

Vendor Licenses
There are four different vendor licenses: retail, service, delivery and transient:

  • A retail vendor license is required for selling merchandise at a fixed location of business.
  • A service vendor license is for a business providing services such as data processing, employment placement, etc.
  • A delivery vendor license is for someone selling and delivering goods without a fixed location.
  • A transient vendor license is for sale of goods at various shows and markets throughout the State of Ohio.

Retail licenses for businesses located within Montgomery County, Ohio, can be obtained via the County’s Auditor’s Office: 451 W. Third Street, 1st Floor, Dayton, Ohio 45422 or by calling 937-225-4314. Please see the Auditor’s Office link in the box at right for more information.
All other vendor licenses (service, delivery and transient) are issued by the State Department of Taxation. The Dayton District is located at the Centre City Building, 15 E. Fourth Street, 5th Floor, Dayton, Ohio 45402. The phone number for the Dayton District of taxation is 937-285-6412.

Construction for a new business requires a permit from the County. Please contact the City of Union first for assistance: 937-836-8624.

Home Office Occupations in Union
Generally, office-related home occupations that do not change the appearance of the residential property or increase traffic on the street are permitted, but please contact the City first about the proposed home occupation.